This is the whole penryn 800 animation. Unfortunately, as i was exporting it on premier, it worked and exported but when i played it back, the music and some of the speech and sound were missing. I repeatedly tried to fix it and play with different settings and it still didn't work. I asked Julian and Richard for help, but despite their best efforts, it still didn't work so I had to hand in this one. It's a shame because when it was all put together, it was a really great film, I'm not sure whether maybe a file was corrupt or something but I'm pretty gutted because for months and months I've worked so hard on this and in the end I wasn't even able to show my full potential. Hopefully they will take this issue into consideration when marking my work....I doubt it though.
I've just noticed that this is quite zoomed in but i don't think I submitted it like this, I hope not anyway. seeing as I didn't have time to hand in my sound review, I might as well just write a short one here.
Recording the sound in the recording studio was a really great experience. It was good to use the proper equipment that is used in the industry and to play around with different sounds and voices. I actually came to the session a bit late as Dan had booked the studio on the day I was in work but I came for the last couple of hours and had a bit of a taster.
I wanted to edit the sound on protools but I ended up doing it on Premier instead because it was just easier with the short amount of time I had left to complete it. I played around with effects and transitions and eventually it all came together really well. Unfortunately, I had trouble exporting the project, there must've been a technical glitch or perhaps one of the files was corrupt. This really frustrated me because I've worked so hard on this project for months and then this happens. I'm just glad I was able to hand something in at least.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the sound project and I look forward to editing and recording more next year.